There are many causes of vomiting. Food poisoning, motion sickness, emotional stress and early pregnancy are common culprits. But vomiting can also be a sign of a much more serious ailment including brain injury, meningitis and appendicitis. It’s important to always beware of the dehydration that can accompany vomiting. When recovering, avoid solid food until the vomiting has passed. Gradually drink water and clear liquids. A rehydrating drink that replenishes electrolytes is recommended. A Doctor On Demand physician will be able to get to the bottom of what has caused your vomiting and help you feel better.
How We Treat You
- A Doctor On Demand video visit gives you the full attention of a board-certified doctor without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- You will receive a physical examination that is customized and focused to your specific complaint.
- Your doctor will guide you through looking, listening and feeling to complete a thorough assessment.
- If you have a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor or have any medical applications on your mobile device please have them ready. This information will help the doctor make a diagnosis and treat your condition safely and effectively.
How it Works
Connect with a doctor via video — in minutes
Create an account or log in
See a doctor now or schedule an appointment
Enter your symptoms
Meet Our Doctors
How We Select our Doctors
- Only board-certified physicians.
- A rigorous screening process to ensure you receive the highest quality care.