About Sore Throat
You already know a sore throat is a scratchy feeling in the back of your throat that becomes more painful when you swallow. The clinical term is pharyngitis, which describes an inflammation of the throat or pharynx. Viral infections, such as cold and flu, are the most common causes of a sore throat. Home remedies can bring relief while the virus resolves on its own. But a sore throat caused by bacteria — the dreaded strep throat or streptococcal infection — requires antibiotics. Check with Doctor On Demand to determine if your sore throat is treatable with a salt water gargle or needs a prescription.
How We Treat You
- A Doctor On Demand video visit gives you the full attention of a board-certified doctor without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- You will receive a physical examination that is customized and focused to your specific complaint.
- Your doctor will guide you through looking, listening and feeling to complete a thorough assessment.
- If you have a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor or have any medical applications on your mobile device please have them ready. This information will help the doctor make a diagnosis and treat your condition safely and effectively.
How it Works
Connect with a doctor via video — in minutes
Create an account or log in
See a doctor now or schedule an appointment
Enter your symptoms
Meet Our Doctors
How We Select our Doctors
- Only board-certified physicians.
- A rigorous screening process to ensure you receive the highest quality care.